About Us

The Esoteric Interfaith Church, Inc. & Theological Seminary was founded in 1987, and has been ordaining ministers, rabbis and other alternative clergy to all 50 states. Our ordained ministers perform marriages, funerals, start churches, and spiritual counseling practices all over the country and online. We are headquartered in Florida and Texas but our graduates have healing centers, churches, spiritual centers and spiritual counseling practices in all 50 states.

You can be ordained one day and perform a wedding the next in almost every state such as California, Texas, Florida, New York, etc. Certain states such as Virginia, Nevada, Wisconsin, Hawaii, Ohio and New York City require extra paperwork first, (which we help you with) so try to get ordained at least a week before the wedding!

The Seminary confers religious degrees on people of all faiths. You may earn a Bachelor degree, Masters degree or Doctorate Degree including the PhD with online study and credit for the work you are already doing in the field of spirituality.


The Esoteric Interfaith Theological Seminary is exempt from accreditation and Authorized by Florida Commission of Independent Education Sec. 1005.06(1)(f) of Religious Institutions to award religious degrees

EIC, Inc. and Theological Seminary | 7257 NW 4th Blvd., Suite 78 | Gainesville, FLĀ  32607

8 thoughts on “About Us

  1. alan jefferson

    your article was very interesting if I become a minister can I raise donations to start a place of worship without applying for a 501c designation

    1. admin Post author

      Dear Alan:
      You do not HAVE to apply for 501c3 non-profit tax exempt status for religious organizations. But if you do, your donors will really appreciate it because they can deduct their donation to you from their taxes at the end of the year. I’m not a lawyer nor CPA, but think even if you are unincorporated, they can still deduct their donations, but only if it is under a certain amount, and you must still of course supply them with a donation letter. When we formed our very first church years ago before becoming incorporated we were able to accept donations and I recall issuing donation letters on church letterhead to several people at the end of that first year. No one complained of any trouble using them when they filed their tax returns.

  2. Justin

    I know God has called me to pastor and start my own ministry, but I get questioned at times. I’m licensed elder and the ministry I started is incorporated. But I don’t have a building or following per say but I have a lot of support financially. So I’m operating out of another non profit organization building until God bless me with a building, I do a lot of out reach ministry as far as in neighborhood and schools etc. But for ex I’m questioned about me being a pastor cause I don’t have a building or a following. I know what God said and I’m confident but does this disqualify me as being a pastor because the lack of a building or following, but I do have support though especially from other pastor that are non denominational.

    1. Brenda Nielsen

      Having a building has nothing to be with being ordained. There are many ordained ministers who don’t have buildings, for example, me! I do counseling, ceremonies, healing and teaching, all ad hoc. But are you registered as ordained, in the state or place where you live? When people ask, that is probably really what they want to know, if your ordination is registered (and therefore endorsed) with your state officials. I know that it doesn’t change anything for you as you still have your credentials but it helps them to recognize you as a bona fide minister.

  3. Vance Phillips

    A friend has asked me to officiate their wedding in Washington DC. With DC not being a state I’m not sure was requirements there are. Can you help?

  4. Angela Wheeler

    I need assistance in setting up my church… just need to be pointed in the right direction I think… I received my ordination through you in Dec 2013.

    Thank you so much

    1. admin Post author

      Hi Rev. Angela: We have an overview on the FAQ page And here are the basic steps:

      The first thing to do is decide on your gathering place for services. Will it be a house church based in your home? Or perhaps at a rented office space or shared church building space?

      Next decide who will be your President, Treasurer and Secretary. Only one of them can have your same last name. The 3 of you complete and sign the easy form for incorporation as a non-profit for your state. The incorporation forms for just about every state are available online for download.

      If you have a specific question, just email us at the Seminary. We are glad to help!

  5. Rev. Dr. Deedee Deanna Young

    Hello I have recently changed my name and am in need of new ordination credentials.

    You were my starting place and without your church I wound not be who I am today. please advise how to Change my name appropriately and receive new documents.


Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *